The Managing Director is responsible, in collaboration with his/her staff, for:
1. Articulating the Center’s Mission and ensuring that its goals, accomplishments, and
culture are aligned;
2. Recruiting, training and managing his/her Executive Staff;
3. Oversee the annual/quarterly planning, budgeting and review processes to ensure
that goals, aligned with the Mission, are created, tracked and measured;
4. Oversee the staff recruiting, hiring, training, evaluation and promotion/correction
5. Putting in place the organization, processes, and systems that enable the Center to
execute effectively and expand the range of beneficiaries served;
6. Be an advocate for the Center, speaking at public venues in Israel and abroad for
the purposes of enhancing the image of the Center.
7. Communicating with the Board of Directors on a regular basis, setting the agenda
for Board Meetings, guiding the discussions and seeking assistance when needed;
8. Ensuring that the Center is financially sound with adequate capital resources to
execute on its Mission;
9. Communicating with large donors and potential granting agencies for the purpose
of soliciting funds for the Center;
10. Supporting the American Friends of the organization in their efforts to raise
funds and expand the awareness of the Center among residents of the USA.
Managing Director – Job Description
The ideal candidate will have experience demonstrating their outstanding abilities in:
A. Growing and managing large businesses or nonprofits;
B. Recruiting, hiring and managing talented staff members across a wide range of
C. Leading by example, in the growth and management of an Executive Staff that
can work together with trust and high integrity;
D. Soliciting, managing and overseeing large financial resources;
E. Working with donors and Board Members to gain support and donations for the
Center, its Mission, and Strategy;
F. Demonstrating strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills;
The candidate must have at least 5 years experience growing/managing a large
organization, in either the private or non-profit sector in Israel. In addition, the candidate
must be fluent in both Hebrew and English. The candidate will need to have a valid Israeli
Candidate must be an Israeli citizen.
The Managing Director reports directly to the Center’s Board of Directors.
Send resumes before September 14 to:
Responses will be sent to relevant candidates submitting their resume for candidacy.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com