AlManarah is an Israel Amuta (#580442697), based in Nazareth. It was established in 2005 by a group of disabled and non-disabled grassroots activists led by Adv. Abbass Abbass, who himself suffers from a visual disability. It focuses on the empowerment of the disabled Arab population in Israel, particularly the ones with visual imparities and promotes inclusion and equal opportunities between various elements within Arab society, Arab and Jewish communities, hopefully creating a model for Israel and other Arab countries. Currently, it has more than 150 volunteers and 7 core staff members and various social, educational, art, legal and advocacy programs.
AlManarah is one of the most successful Arab NGO/NPOs in Israel, each year receiving the Mihul Takin (The Certificate of Proper Management) by the Government of Israel. As the only Arab Israeli NGO/NPO it is also accredited with Midot’s Seal of effectiveness (http://www.midot.org.il).
The Marrakesh Agreement (June 2013) provides that accessible literature can be produced without the consent of the rights holder. The potential of the internet for the Arab speaking disabled community led AlManarah to evolve from Braille to the first International online Accessible library in Arabic – ArabCast.org with Android and IOS phone apps. Currently, it offers over 5000 free audio-books and this number grows each month. Recently we opened 3 new studios and are launching a community radio prepared and presented by persons with disabilities and a variety of podcast production.
The project was awarded the prestigious Mohammed Bin Rashid Arabic Language Award and the ZeroProject Award 2018 in Vienna.
Your fundraising effort should mainly contribute to its long-term sustainability and further community radio and podcasts development as well as support the social, sport, culture and legal activities of AlManarah.
For more information about AlManarah visit www.almanarah.org
- Familiarity with the corporate and philanthropic world in Israel and abroad. Knowledge of the international and Israeli philanthropic markets and sources with a proven network and understanding of trends.
- Proven record of writing successful applications and proposals in Hebrew and English.
- Min. 3 years of relevant experience.
- Independence, responsibility and results – orientation. Demonstrated ability to set and meet fundraising targets.
- Demonstrated communication and social competencies, creativity, interpersonal skills, charisma, and relationship-building ability.
- Effective time-management skills. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, multitask and meet rolling deadlines.
- Open-mindedness and adaptability. Demonstrated ability to work in an intense diverse environment (disabilities, ethnicities, personalities etc.).
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in Hebrew and English. Arabic is an advantage, but not obligatory.
- Full proficiency in Office, including Excel and ability to work in CRM Salesforce for NGOs.
- Interest in the AlManarahs’ s cause.
- Work from home and flexible hours
Please send your CVs in Hebrew and English to email@example.com, including professionally-relevant references (with contact information) and min. 2 grant-writing samples (in English and Hebrew).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org