This is a full-time position starting as part-time for a limited duration
Reporting to the executive director, the director of international advocacy will manage a 3-4 person international relations team (up to 2 direct reports) responsible for conducting all English language advocacy, communications, and development functions. S/he will develop and manage strategies to build Ir Amim’s international presence, including relationships with Jewish communal institutions; advise on policy trends impacting the organization’s work; advocate for Ir Amim’s policy recommendations; and build relations with other organizations and entities whose interests Ir Amim shares.
- Advocate with a wide range of international actors on issues of importance to Ir Amim, serving as conduit for Ir Amim’s expert analysis and policy recommendations.
- Establish relationships with key interlocutors both locally and abroad to maintain awareness of policy proposals and legislative matters that impact the viability of a political resolution on Jerusalem.
- Provide information and advice to the executive director and senior management team regarding opportunities to shape international interlocutors’ analysis of developments on the ground and their import for foreign policy making.
- Conduct large group briefings and ongoing individual briefings, including field briefings, for key audiences; and represent Ir Amim on panels and at speaking engagements, locally and internationally.
- Prepare and issue regular alerts, recommendations, op-eds, and press statements; and contribute to policy papers and reports.
- Serve as spokesperson to the international press.
- Develop and implement English language communication program, including social media and regular newsletters and appeals.
- Establish relations with a diverse spectrum of organizations, opinion shapers and thought leaders.
- Build partnership programs, e.g. joint campaigns and speaking engagements, with
- Jewish leadership programs in the US and Europe.
- Working with Ir Amim’s director of development, identify, cultivate and steward major donors.
- Attend evening functions and events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, international relations, or related field; graduate degree preferred.
- 5 + years’ experience in advocacy, communications, policy, and/or government relations.
- Demonstrated success in advocating positions and platforms, and managing communication and relationships with advocacy partners.
- Strong interest in and understanding of Jerusalem as a political issue.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively with accountability and a sense of urgency in a fast paced, frequently changing environment.
- Proven ability to think strategically and creatively, implement ideas/plans effectively; and tackle complex issues/opportunities.
- Exceptionally strong English writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to inspire, facilitate, and manage supervisees and cross-departmental cooperation.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Residency in Jerusalem strongly preferred.
- Hebrew fluency.
Thank you for your interest in Ir Amim. Please mail a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to time limitations, we are only able to respond to qualified applicants.