Development Associate – Resource Development and Partnerships.
The position includes:
• Research, writing and editing of proposals, reports and updates to major donors (private, foundation and government funders) about NIF and Shatil projects and issues. This includes participating in the development of project budgets and expense reports.
• Researching and identifying new funding opportunities for projects and activities.
• Initiating and managing the relationship with a portfolio of donors, foundations or partners and other stakeholders involved in projects.
• Representing the development department in one or more program areas as part of Working Groups within NIF (participating in program development and ongoing strategic assessment of the work). NIF’s main issue areas are: democracy, civil and human rights, Palestinian-Israeli society, social and economic justice, religious freedom, and shared society and combating racism.
• High level writing skills
• Native English speaker
• Proficiency in Hebrew (reading and speaking)
• Bachelor’s degree from an English-speaking university
• Master’s degree – advantage.
• At least 5 years’ previous experience in grant writing, preparation of reports and updates of projects to donors, and their follow-up.
• Experience proofreading and editing English documents – advantage
• Experience in fundraising (prospecting, cultivation of donors, networking) inside Israel and abroad.
• Experience with government funders (e.g. EU, embassies, etc.)
• Experience in project development – advantage.
• Experience in preparing budgets for proposals, reports, projects
• Credentials for grant writing – advantage.
• Experience in advertising/marketing – advantage.
• Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• “Self-starter” able to work independently as well as within a team.
• Capacity for strategic, creative and innovative thinking.
• Identification with the values of the New Israel Fund and Shatil.
• Familiarity with progressive social change organizations (emphasis on human rights and democracy – advantage)
– The position is full time
– Employment beginning – immediately
– The position is in Jerusalem
Please send a resume and an English writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the name of the position.