Fundraising and advocacy coordinator- Mossawa
The Mossawa Center – The Advocacy Center for Arab Citizens in Israel seeks a Fundraising and advocacy coordinator
Start date: Immediate
The Fundraising and Advocacy Coordinator is responsible for raising funds locally and internationally to cover the organization’s budget. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: development and implementation of all local and international fundraising strategies, locating new sources of support, grant writing and reporting, coordinating and developing donor relations, coordinating project design, and monitoring and evaluating projects with relevant department staff, designing project budgets, fulfilling periodic donor reporting requirements, preparing English language materials (Press releases, pamphlets, reports etc…) for an international audience. The Fundraising and advocacy coordinator will attend meetings with Embassy staff and present Mossawa’s work to international groups and potential donors. This position includes potential for travel abroad.
- Work with a team to formulate and implement annual fundraising strategies targeting local and international donors; manage and develop donor relations with an array of public and private supporters
- Draft letters of inquiry, write grant requests and proposals
- Prepare detailed and comprehensive narrative and financial activity reports for partners, in accordance with existing funding contracts.
- Assist with efforts related to the collection of annual membership dues, fundraising events, online fundraising campaigns and other ad-hoc fundraising activities
- Work with organization’s volunteers to initiate local fundraising campaigns and initiatives
- Represent the organization in front of International groups and potential donors
- Prepare quality fundraising and outreach materials including power point presentations, press releases, brochures, one-pagers, etc.
- Prior experience in fundraising and resource development
- Written and oral fluency in English a MUST
- High level of Arabic and/or Hebrew required
- Prior experience in communications a plus
- Experience writing EU and/or other large foundation proposals a plus
- Familiarity with financial reporting strongly encouraged
- Familiarity with issues related to Arab citizens in Israel and the greater regional context a plus
- Self-starter, responsible, able to work independently
- Excellent organizational, writing, and communications skills
Place of employment: Haifa
Position of 75% with potential to expand and for upward mobility
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and C.V. in English to Sara Gunning Programs.email@example.com Suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview by February 16th