Government Relations Associate – Jewish Federations of North America
• Identify, build, and facilitate strategic partnerships with Israeli policymakers to promote the public policy agenda of the Jewish Federations in Israel.
• Analyze Israeli legislation and policy decisions, and prepare briefing material for organizational stakeholders.
• Represent JFNA in the Knesset and Israeli government forums.
• Represent the Israel Action Network, a project of the Federations to combat the delegitimization of Israel.
• Oversee the organization’s Israel policy agenda drafting and review process.
• Manage monthly Hebrew newsletter concerning news and trends from the North American Jewish community.
• Manage the Hebrew language guide to North American Jewish communities.
• Plan and execute educational sessions and briefings for Federation missions and conferences, such as the annual GA.
• Prepare regular Hebrew and English communications
• Undertake other assignments as determined by supervisors
• Serve as a key member of the core team at JFNA’s Israel office
Qualifications and Experience Requirements.
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in Israel-Diaspora relations, public policy, and Israeli politics.
• Journalistic (or other writing) experience.
• Experience working with the North American Jewish Community
• Excellent communications skills
• A strong familiarity with the processes, structure and politics of the Knesset and Israeli government
• Solid public speaker
• Fluency in English and Hebrew (speaking, reading, and writing) essential
• Relevant academic qualification (minimum BA/ BS)
This is a full time position, located in Jerusalem.
Send relevant CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact on Facebook