Program Coordinator – MEET
Position: Nazareth Program Coordinator
Reports to: Student Program Manager
Organizational Context and Position:
Established in 2004, MEET (the middle east entrepreneurs of tomorrow) is an educational excellence NGO that harnesses the power of technology and entrepreneurship to create an active network of young Palestinian and Israeli leaders who share a common professional language and capacity for joint action. In partnership with MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), MEET delivers an intensive, three-year technology, entrepreneurship education, and leadership program that provide the tools and opportunities necessary to impact economic, social, and political change across the region.
MEET is conducting a search for a Program Coordinator who will manage the daily operations of the program, accompany two cohorts of students as a social advisor and mentor, and support program documentation, evaluation, and curriculum implementation. This role is ideal for entry level candidates and recent graduates searching for an opportunity to gain valuable professional experience in a high-impact non-profit educational organization.
Job Description Brief:
• Mentor and advise two cohorts of students:
Ø develop personal (yet appropriate) relationships with each individual student
Ø plan and implement social activities for the students on a regular basis
Ø lead Deeper Understanding sessions with the students (sessions related to “me, the other, and the power of our group”)
Ø resolve conflicts that may arise between students
Ø maintain constant communication with teachers, mentors, and students
Ø serve as a role model
• Support and oversee operational aspects of the planning and implementation of the MEET student program. May include, but is not limited to:
Ø work directly with service suppliers
Ø organize food, transportation and logistics for the students
Ø oversee the daily operations of the lab and program facility, including making sure that all of the technical needs and systems are fulfilled (lab network, internet, laptops)
• Take part in training and managing of volunteer staff (alumni and MIT instructors)
• Assist in the execution and documentation of program assessment and evaluation
• Support the Resource Development team in developing external facing program reports for donors and preparing students and teachers for visits from foundations and/or donors.
• Work on student recruitment (from November-May) and be part of the selection committee for new cohorts of MEET students. This involves working directly with schools and candidates, presenting the program, recruiting students, proctoring exams, and interviewing prospective student candidates.
• BA (required)
• Prior experience working with youth and educational programs (highly preferred)
• Fluency in English and Arabic (required)
• Willing to work flexible hours (required)
• Driver’s license (required)
• Highly motivated and hard working
• Independent self-starter
• Deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
• Passionate about making an impact! (required)
• Preference to applicants that live in the Nazareth area
• Willing to spend 4 weeks in the summer working long hours for our overnight summer program
• Start date: mid August/Sept 2017
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject: meet Nazareth program coordinator position. For more information about MEET please go to http://meet.mit.edu.